Pumpkin Spice Latte for Dogs Recipe
21 October 2022 — Dogs
Fall is here! Which means pumpkin everything! Did you know that you can serve up your favourite fall drink to your dog? This is a caffeine-free, dog-friendly PUP-kin spice latte recipe. This simple recipe uses ingredients that are safe and beneficial to your dog’s health such as pumpkin and coconut milk. Now your dog doesn’t have to miss out on the fall fun!
Is Pumpkin Good for Dogs?
Pumpkin is very healthy for dogs to eat and has many benefits to your dog’s health. It is packed with many vitamins and it’s low in calories, making it the perfect superfood for your dog!
Ingredients in This Pumpkin Spice Latte
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this drink for your fur friend. Here is what you’ll need:
- Pumpkin: it’s important to use pumpkin puree, rather than pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling contains many additives and sugars that can be harmful to your dog. Look for the can that has one ingredient: pumpkin.
- Coconut or goat milk: both kinds of milk are safe for your dog. They add a creamy taste to the drink.
- Cinnamon: it will bring out more of the fall flavours.
- Organic whipped cream: this is optional. If you do choose to add whipped cream, make sure it doesn’t contain any xylitol, as this can be harmful to your dog.
- Cinnamon-flavoured Zoë dental stick: used as a garnish and will help with your dog’s oral health.
½ cup of pumpkin puree
¼ cup of coconut or goat milk
Pinch of cinnamon
Organic whipped cream (optional)
How to Create the Pumpkin Spice Latte for Dogs:
- Place all ingredients in a blender and mix until well combined
- Poor the mixture into a cup or bowl
- Top with whipped cream (if desired)
- Garnish with the Zoë dental stick
- Serve to your pup!
**Tip for hoomans: add some coffee to your cup and enjoy with your dog!