Turkey Topped Harvest Quinoa CakesNovember 20, 2018
Make dinner fun with this delicious and healthy meal! Layered with the flavours of fall, this is sure to keep everyone satisfied.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
1 cup (250 ml) sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes, steamed
2 ½ cups (625 ml) quinoa, cooked
½ cup (125 ml) apple, cubed
½ cup (125 ml) dried blueberries
3 tbsp (45 ml) coconut oil, divided
½ lb (250 g) turkey breast, sliced into strips
6 tbsp (90 ml) apple butter
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Toss together apple and 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil. Arrange on baking sheet; roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; season turkey strips with salt and pepper and cook, turning frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through. Set aside.
- Place steamed sweet potato into a bowl and mash using a potato masher. Add cooked quinoa, roasted apple, and dried blueberries. Mix until fully incorporated. Form into patties.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 ml) of coconut oil in a pan. Place two patties at a time on medium-high heat and sear.
- Top each patty with a layer of apple butter and cooked turkey strips.