Salmon cat treat recipeOctober 1, 2016
Doing some baking today? Treat your cat while you’re at it! We found this super simple cat treat recipe made with the goodness of whole-wheat flour and your cat’s favourite – salmon! With only three ingredients, you can whip these up for your cat in no time. We hope your kitty enjoys them!
• 10 oz canned salmon (do not drain)
• 1 egg (beaten)
• 2 cups whole-wheat flour
1. Heat oven to 350 F. Mix salmon in a food processor until smooth.
2. In a stand mixer, combine salmon, egg and flour. If dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
3. Roll out dough on a floured surface until approximately ¼ inch thick. Cut into desired shapes.
4. Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Cool before serving.
5. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how they turned out below!