Homemade organic spinach and chicken cat treatsJuly 1, 2016
We found this great recipe for a healthy, organic crunchy cat treat! With super healthy fresh spinach and chicken, plus organic catnip, your cat will love these treats, and you’ll love giving it to them. The chicken can also be substituted out for salmon or tuna, making this recipe great for even the pickiest kitties.
1/2 pound steamed organic boneless and skinless chicken thighs
1 cup fresh organic spinach leaves
1 cup organic quick-cooking oats
1 organic brown egg
1 tablespoon organic catnip
1/4 cup flour
- Steam the chicken until cooked through. Allow 20 minutes to cool.
- Place chicken, oats, spinach, egg and catnip in a blender or food processor, and pulse on low until somewhat smooth, like wet sand.
- Place mixture in a bowl and add flour. Knead the dough until no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin, around ½ inch thick. Cut into shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350ºF on a parchment-lined sheet, cool to room temperature and serve.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how your cat liked it below!