Grilled Steak with GingerNovember 20, 2015
Comfort food might be the best remedy for dealing with November’s chilly temperature and gray, soggy days. Boost your humor with this grilled flank steak with ginger marinade recipe. Serve with grilled asparagus and baked baby potatoes for an elegant and complete dinner.
Makes 3 – 4 servings.
- 1 (12 cm) piece of fresh ginger, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 8 medium garlic cloves, mashed into a paste
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak, fat trimmed
- Mix all ingredients except for the steak.
- Add steak to the mixture and toss to coat. Let it marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. You can prepare the marinated steak ahead of time by letting the steak marinate in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
- After leaving the marinated steak at room temperature for about 15 minutes, remove the steak from the mixture and grill it in a lightly oiled pan for 6 to 8 minutes on each side at medium-high heat to obtain a medium rare texture.
- Place the steak on a cutting board and cut into thin slices.
Tempted to give your dog a taste of that grilled steak? Well, you can, with our Zoë Pill Pops® Ginger with Beef natural treats. Not only are they ideal for masking medication, they’re just simply delicious… Bon appétit to you both!
We want to know! How did you find this recipe? Share your thoughts on with us on Facebook!