Gingerbread BonesDecember 1, 2016
The holiday season is officially upon us, and with that comes baking season! Cookies, cakes, gingerbread, shortbread, so many delicious treats to indulge in! We love the holidays – can you tell? While you’re busy making some yummy gingerbread for your friends and family, whip up these great gingerbread bones dog treats for your pup! They’re simple, festive, and a fun way to treat your pet this holiday season.
Give them a try and let us know how much your furry friend enjoyed them on our Facebook page!
3 cups whole-wheat flour
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup plus 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
½ cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, ginger and cinnamon
- Mix in the oil, molasses and ½ cup of water; let rest for 15 minutes
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough ¼ inch thick
- Use holiday-themed or bone-shaped cookie cutters to cut into shapes
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake until firm, about 20 minutes