Easy Cinco de Paw-yo Pup Tacos!May 1, 2017
What’s better than a Mexican tasty treat? Not much.
Celebrate Cinco de Paw-yo with these yummy treats. Tacos pack a wallop of flavour and can be healthy, too! Let your dog savour this new favourite dog treat! Full recipe below!
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1 tbsp ground flax
1 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely shredded cheese
1/8 cup carrots, chopped very small
2 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 cup lean ground beef, cooked, cooled and in small crumbles
1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix flour, brown rice flour, ground flax. Then mix in vegetable oil. Once you have incorporated the vegetable oil, slowly add chicken broth until the dough just begins to hold together (add chicken broth with a spoon, stir it, and then add more, spoon by spoon). Once you have added enough broth, knead dough until it becomes soft, 1-2 minutes. Shape dough into a disc, wrap with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, make the filling. Mix finely shredded cheese, carrots, Italian parsley, and ground beef. Mix in the egg.
- On a floured surface, roll out chilled dough, thinly. Cut out circular shapes.
- Place a little filling on one side of the circle and flip the other side over.
- Place tacos on a baking sheet that’s been lightly greased or lined with a silpat or parchment paper. Lightly press down on the tacos to help them stick together better.
- You will bake for a total of 20 minutes. About 8 minutes into the baking process, flip the tacos over. If you see the tacos separating too much, you may need to press them down at this point with a spatula. Continue baking 12 minutes more or until ready.
- Let the tacos cool before giving them to your pups. Once completely cooled, store them in the fridge. They should be good for 2-3 days, always check for mould before serving.
Bon Appétit & Enjoy!