Crunchy Tuna Cat TreatsApril 28, 2016
Delicious treats that your cat will love!
Makes about 3 dozen treats
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, no salt added and packed in water, drained
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 heaping tablespoon dried catnip
*It’s easy to make your own oat flour. Simply grind old-fashioned oats in a spice grinder (or a super clean coffee grinder) until it is transformed into a light powder. There you have it — oat flour!
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, combine drained tuna, oat flour, egg, olive oil and catnip. Blend until mixture is smooth. It will be thick but pliable and not terribly sticky.
- Roll dough into ½ teaspoon balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Use a skewer to press an X-shape into each cookie ball.
- Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they are dried on top and slightly browned. Allow to cool completely before offering to your kitty.
- Place treats in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
Source: Joy the Baker