Creamy Pumpkin Ginger SoupOctober 29, 2015
When we think of pumpkin, we think of Halloween and the cold weather that comes with it. We also have pumpkin and spice goodies in mind, like our Pumpkin & Ginger Zoë Tender Bites for dogs. Want to spice it up as well? How about a warm, creamy pumpkin and ginger soup?
Makes 6 servings
Time: 45 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 small onions, minced
- 4 cups pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup 15% cooking cream
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
How to make it:
- In a large pot, melt butter with olive oil at high. Add garlic and onions until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, ginger and cook for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken broth and reduce to a simmer at medium heat for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove pot from heat and let the soup mix cool.
- Using a hand blender, puree soup until smooth. Add cream and whisk lightly.
- Return pot to medium heat and season with salt and pepper as desired.
This soup makes for a perfect first course, seasonal dinner.