Brain Games For Your DogMay 13, 2020
Being confined is not easy for us and for our furry friends. That’s why we want to share with you some funny games to challenge your dog during these hard days and keep him mentally stimulated. Grab some treats and let’s play!
Find the Treats
Find the treats is easy to play, and it’s a fun way for dogs to use some of their natural sniffing abilities.
How to play
- Grab some treats and have your dog sit in a stay position
- While your dog is in the stay position, put a few treats on the ground around them
- Give your dog a release command and tell them to “find the treats”
- Encourage them as they start picking up the treats
- Practice a few times until your dog understands what “find the treats” means
- Start placing the treats further away and repeat steps 3 & 4
- Start placing the treats in more challenging places that are out of sight such as under a rug or on a chair and repeat steps 3 & 4
The Cup Game
This simple game is perfect to work on their solving skills.
How to play
- Grab 3 cups and some treats
- Have your dog watch as you place a treat under one of the three cups
- Shuffle the cups around
- Encourage your dog to find the cup with the treat underneath
What is your dog’s favorite brain game?